12/14/09

Welcome to my wedding

I am so excited for this week, not only because its just one more week closer to the holidays where I get to see all of my family, but it is also the beginning of wedding week here on the blog.  I thought I would get things started with shots from my very own wedding!  Even though I have a few months under my belt being a newlywed, I still find myself on numerous wedding sites in search of all things pretty!  So if you are a bride to be, newlywed or just love weddings and can’t get enough of all the gushy-ness that ensues, I’ve got you covered this week!
We got married in September at Figueroa Hotel (a Moroccan inspired hotel) in downtown Los Angeles.  If you are a regular reader, you know my current obsession with all things colorful, and it so did not stop for the wedding.  It was all location, location, location for us.  I wanted to blend my cultural background with modern accents, bold color and romanticism, and boy did I get it!  And thanks to my amazing photographer, Shannon Renee Photography, I have so many photos to get all kinds of giddy over!
There were none of the “typical” flowers at this wedding!  I worked with Peony and Plum and wow, did Susan do an amazing job.  Succulents mixed with mums and dahlias all in deep rich tones were used to create a stunningly beautiful and bold backdrop
We chose to take our couple photos before the ceremony and had some “us” time.  Since the location was in the middle of downtown, we wanted to utilize all the amazing sites and chose to visit Olvero Street, a hub of shops selling wares that are filled with trinkets and food with a Mexican flair.
Perhaps one of our favorite parts was the vintage record player.  We had our flower girls and ring bearer carry a vintage 45 down the aisle to my husband.  He played “I Only Have Eyes For You” as I walked down the aisle with my Dad.
One of our biggest surprises was an 8 piece Mariachi band that began playing as we walked back down the aisle.
And the cake!  We had an amazing baker concoct a delectable red velvet masterpiece that was all vegan!  Everyone loved it and it was our secret until everyone ate that it was vegan.  Always with interior design on the brain, we were told the cake had to be all white due to the vegan aspect… didn’t stop me!  I found an amazing fabric trim to add detail and character. Jamaica, you did one amazing job.
And of course I couldn’t do it without the help of the ladies over at Smitten, an Events Lab.  These girls kept the day running smoothly and most importantly, on time… I think!

1 comment:

thezenofmaking said...

I especially like the boutonniere and watches. The whole event looks happy and fun--I love all of the colors and textures!