7/7/10

A good stripe

Stripes are so in these days, both in fashion and interiors and I couldn't be more excited to see so many wonderful ways to spruce up a wall.  Whether its a subtle stripe, like this first one with grayed colors (my favorite!), or the off the wall, and make you a little dizzy stripe, like the second, they are a great way to create a focal point in any room.
I wonder just how relaxing it would be to take a bath in here?  I have a strong reaction to red/orange colors, and I'm just not sure how I feel about it on a wall.  What do you think, like it or loathe it?
I love the vertical and horizontal use of this paper, gives off the illusion of a chair rail, and keeps your eyes moving along the wall.  And the mirrors are too fun in this space.
You can even run the look up the ceiling!  I wonder if it would make you feel like you were getting closed in on, or if it was a little tent like.
There is something about this hand done look that I am just loving!  It has a very unsteady finish, but I just can't stop looking at it and wondering just how it would look on an entire wall.  Perhaps in a bit more of a cheerful color?
photos link to sources

3 comments:

Janie | We Heart Paper said...

The stripes are so lovely and quite classic!

Sandy a la Mode said...

ohhh i love stripes too! i think they'd make for a great accent wall!

Bows and Sparrows said...

If my landlord wouldn't kill me, I would totally paint one wall with stripes! Absolutely love them!