4/22/11

What I did last night

Last night I went to the Railroad Revival Tour with Old Crow Medicine Show, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and Mumford and Sons in Oakland and let me tell you, I actually feel like a lucky one being able to have seen that show live.  While the lines were horrendous, it was totally worth the wait to see live folk music.  I had no idea you could rock out on a banjo!  As the sun set over San Francisco, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros  had the crowd swaying and singing along to Home, one of their most popular songs.  And then Mumford and Sons came on.  Holy moley, they are amazing.  I had no idea I was that big of a fan, but every song had me swaying, jumping and singing along, they even previewed a few new songs were absolutely wonderful.  After a long set, all three bands joined along in an encore that may have been the funnest thing to have ever watched... clearly the bands love what they do.

Have you been to a concert that just moved you? Just a few shots from the night...
And a little bit of the encore:
Fun was had.

No comments: