7/11/11

Natural beauty

Ever have one of those weekend where you feel super busy but hardly did much?  That was me this weekend.  I spent most of my time either getting to or from locations, public transportation can really slow you down around here on the weekends, perhaps that's why I feel like I do- too much waiting around!  Saturday was spent an hour away at the husbands company picnic.  You never really know what to expect at these kinds of things, but we were treated to paddle boats, canoes, kayaks and lots of fresh fruits and veggies.  I've always wanted to try out kayaking and although my forearms are still sore and my husband got soaked, it was totally worth it.
I was however most excited to take a trip out to Renegade SF on Sunday even after the hour long bus ride.  I always look forward to these shows {missing Unique LA tremendously} and getting to meet and see so many great artists and blogger friends.  One shop in particular that caught both my husband and I's eye were the intaglio prints from Julia Lucey.  Inspired by Julia's young memories of summer camp in the backcountry, her prints evoke such a serene feeling, we wanted to get one so bad but walked away empty handed.  Figured it was better to know exactly where it could go in our place before we spent the money, frames can be so expensive! Her shop is on a mini vacation at the moment, but will be back very soon so do stop by Julia's site and get inspired.
photos via julia lucey

No comments: