8/26/11

Decorate book tour

Last night I made my way through the fog and mist to the buzzing Decorate book tour held at Anthropologie and got my mingle on. I had been looking forward to meeting new local bloggers and of course, Mrs. Holly Becker was on hand smiling for pictures, signing books and getting to know her devoted readers. It was so great to finally meet her, after all these years of reading Decor8 putting an actual person to the voice in my head is by far the best part of meeting blogging buddies. And guys, she is just as sweet and adorable in person as her fantastic blog. After getting my copy of the book signed {if you still don't have it, don't fret, its in another round of printing since it sold out again!} I got to meet a few great gals including the lovely and totally adorable Anne from The city sage and Rue as well as other local interior designers. Though I missed the mood board demo, it was pretty clear which direction they were going, soft and serene with a few girly touches thrown in for good measure. After being away from L.A for so long, I forgot what it was like to go to such fun events, as a super shy gal its challenging to venture out by myself, but I'm doing it... slowly.
decorate photo via chronicle books

No comments: