10/5/11

Make this, Pumpkin edition

October always makes me think of all the yummy ways to use pumpkin in my cooking, and now that I am full force on trying new recipes, I thought I would find a few new ones to try this year in honor of the delectable gourd. I've done the traditional salted roasted seeds and of course pie, but why not a pumpkin and bean casserole? I never think savory when it comes to pumpkin, so this one might just have to be tested as soon as possible. Don't these caramelized seeds look divine!
I've also never tried pumpkin cookies, so these are definitely going into the baking rotation stat. I love baking and this time of year is perfect to try out tons of recipes on the family. I'm the only vegan {I only bake vegan} so its nice to introduce them to new flavors. And that pumpkin seed brittle down there is going to be made as soon as the first pumpkin is carved!
photos via veg web- muffins, cookies and i eat trees

No comments: