1/3/12

Happy 2012

Happy new year friends, hope you all had a nice and relaxing weekend while ringing in a brand new year. Though we planned to go out, the husband and I ended up falling asleep on the couch and woke up just in time to watch the ball drop and then go to bed. Though we made up for it the following night by going on an 'adventure' and walked around the city...5 miles to be exact! The rest of the days were spent with the dog in the park and digging in dirt at our garden, and if you follow me on twitter you may have heard of our peculiar thefts too. Woke up to 1 hubcap missing on the car new years day and when we went to the garden discovered entire plants had vanished. Completely gone! A little digging proved a giant gopher hole under our veggie bed, seems a little critter had the munchies for some red cabbage, stole 3 entire plants!
And with the weekend spent in nature, I thought I would continue it along with these amazing photographs from Qi Wei, a brilliant artist out of Singapore. I've always had a love for nature photography, there are always details you miss in real life, but have never tried deconstructing my focal point. Don't you just love these? You can find his entire exploded flower collection here and can purchase prints here as well as read a great interview with the artist and his artistic process. I just love his philosophies behind photography and how it has a beginning and end and I too agree, a photo isn't a true photo till its printed out.
photos via qi wei

No comments: