11/22/12

Happy Thanksgiving

While most folks here in the US are celebrating Thanksgiving by feasting on way too much food its still important to remember why we are thankful in the first place. This last year has been a whirlwind of excitement and merriment with our upcoming bundle of joy growing daily, I didn't even mind waking up at 4:30 this morning thanks to her getting the hiccups. I am so thankful for being able to expand my family and look forward to meeting her in a few short months.
I am thankful for this guy right here, my loving husband. He is my rock, my best friend and my biggest supporter. I swear I don't think I can really do wrong in his eyes and I will forever love him for it. He always keeps me laughing, in fact, I shot this picture because he kept saying take a picture of me. I did and he simply said, there, now I was here! And because of the memory, this is one of my favorite pictures of him, just because he was there.
I am thankful we are able to live in our dream city. Ever since I can remember I always wanted to live in San Francisco and for the last year and a half the husband and I have made that dream come true. Its been a time of some serious ups and a few downs but we managed to stay strong and thrive in our little {big} city. This is the view of my neighborhood and golden gate park- our place is somewhere tucked into those buildings. We can't wait to be able to bring a little one into our busy world.
And of course I can't forget my little Uli, our first "baby". She has been with us for almost 3 years now and I am thankful for such an awesome dog. We saved her from the shelter in L.A and haven't looked back since; spoiling her rotten. As you can see. She is the most patient and loving dog...she even says goodbye and snuggles people on command. She's pretty special.
images by our designed life
I am also very thankful for having such a supporting family and loving friends that have been nothing but supportive throughout the years. So please, before you sit down to gorge yourself silly or perhaps join the masses in black Friday shopping, remember why you are thankful.

No comments: