11/20/12

Pumpkin pie oh my!

While everyone is gearing up for all things Thanksgiving around here I've been busy collecting new recipes to try out and bring to our family functions. This year we are planning two days of all things food, thank goodness for maternity pants that are nice and stretchy! Last year I had luck with the food I brought for my family to try until we got to the dessert. I'm not sure if it was the recipe or the inferior ingredients I had used but the pumpkin pie was just so so, even to my standards of loving all things baked. So when I came across this recipe for a vegan pumpkin pie from Post Punk Kitchen I knew I had to give it a whirl. I mean, doesn't it just look fantastic? I will be in line with the masses today scouring the aisles for the best of the best ingredients to showcase my cooking skills, nothing like a little vegan pressure then having to impress over 20 people with a few tasty bits. Are you planning anything special in the kitchen this year or sticking to the standards? And if you need a few interesting ideas do check out PPK's Thanksgiving suggestions there are some very lovely and mouthwatering recipes, I'm thinking of trying out those scallion mashed potatoes too!

No comments: