9/13/10

We turned a year old


Yesterday, the husband and I celebrated our first year wedding anniversary, and to celebrate we went to Ace Palm Springs (our favorite weekend getaway) for a little relaxation and much needed sun.  And to celebrate here on the blog, all week long weddings will be the highlight du jour, as if you needed another reason to gush over beautiful weddings right!  Here are two of my favorites from my big day.  The super talented Shannon Renee followed us around with a gazillion cameras and came up with some pretty fierce shots.  You can see more shots over here too.  We got married at Figueroa Hotel in downtown L.A and took our couples photos ahead of time (probably the smartest idea ever!) at the historical Olivera Street, also downtown.  The amazing flowers brought our location to life and couldn't have been done without Susan from Peony and Plum.  
This was taken right as we turned around from saying I do.  My Aunt was ordained for our special day and her expression is priceless.  Another fun element,  see the record player just to the right of my husbands arm?  We scoured Craigslist for a vintage record player (somehow we ended up with 2!) and I walked down the aisle to the Flamingos "I only have eyes for you".  Instead of dropping petals, the flower girls carried the record to my husband and exclaimed "Here Evan, you need this!" to get me down the aisle.

No comments: