12/27/10

We decked the halls

Hope everyone had a lovely holiday.  My families holiday tradition is to get together on Christmas Eve and celebrate with good food, family and a whole lot of presents.  (Don't worry, this was for about 25 people!)  And of course, Uli had to get in on the action.
The day before and day of, my husband and I created tons of sweets for everyone to enjoy.  This year we made brownie bites, graham cracker cookies with truffle filling, peppermint bark, fruit cups and sparkling cranberries.  Took forever, but having snacks that are vegetarian made it worth the work.  I also made a vegan casserole!
Another tradition, my Mom's homemade sopapias.  My Grandma used to make these when I was little and they were a huge crowd favorite.  Since she passed, my Mom has taken on the huge task of making them.  They are totally simple and taste amazing!  Think fried flour tortilla dough filled with beans.  Yum!!
Do you have any family traditions?  We also incorporated an ugly sweater contest, a round of "Posadas"- a short prayer also passed down through my family, and even a game of White Elephant.  Happy holidays friends.

No comments: