5/25/11

The end of the road

Sometimes when you hear news of bands breaking up, its a bit sad knowing you wont be able to enjoy their tunes live anymore, but this morning I woke up to an announcement that took me way back.  My all time favorite band has broken up.  After 20 years of creating awesomely good music, Silverchair, an Australian band that started in their garage at the ripe ol' age of 12 has called it quits.   Terribly sad news, as I have been a fan for just about 15 years and in fact just took down their poster from my childhood bedroom this past weekend.  What are the odds?  Anyway, its always sad to hear of anyone calling it quits, especially when you have so many great memories, its like the soundtrack of my youth has just come to an end.  Needless to say, I'll be playing all their albums today, on repeat.

No comments: