8/5/11

Getting musical

I just discovered Alexander Ebert, lead singer of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zero released a solo album a few months ago and oh does it sound lovely. Not only is the sound just happy and fun to listen to but the visuals in the video are quite interesting. Although the mouth pool is a little creepy A million years is a great weekend listen. You can find the album here.

And speaking of fun weekend music, last weekend I stopped in at The Independent for a little indie music fun. My favorite was A B and the Sea and turned out I knew a few of their songs thanks to Rue's summer video. Its such a fun and playful video its hard to keep yourself from dancing. Trust me.
Well, since this is clearly a musically charged post, I'm getting myself pumped for tomorrow night at The Rickshaw Stop. Its a full blown 90s party! They had me at the poster alone then when they dangled visions of Zach and Kelly and Salt n' Pepa and knew it was going to be one fun party. To get me in the mood I watched a live performance of Alanis Morissette and it was like it was '95 all over again!

No comments: