12/7/10

Winter scents

I don't know about you, but the winter months always have me searching for lovely scented candles to light up my space.  Last September, my husband gave me a gift certificate to Bountiful in Venice (if you know the area, its the shop with millions of cake stands on Abbot Kinney!) and for an hour, I was oohing and awing over all of the beautiful items. I walked away with several treasures, including this amazing candle from Saint Parfum.  While its on the pricey side, it may be one of the best smelling candles I have ever owned!!  Each are hand poured and hand perfumed, making these babies a perfect gift for anyone.  I am very sensitive when it comes to strong smells, and these are by far my favorite, I have No. 12, White Tea and Paperwhite Narcissus. Seriously, love this!
Looking for something a little lighter on the wallet?  How about one of these soy based candles from Eco Candle Co?  With around 40 scents to choose from, there is sure to be one you will fall in love with.  These soy candles are not only longer lasting and cleaner burning then regular paraffin candles, they are also biodegradable and  water soluable, so if it should spill, clean up is a breeze.
And for something with a little more pizazz in the decor department, check out Terrain's beautiful candle collection.  I might have to pick up one of these Himalayan Red Currant candles, although, I have no idea what red currant smells like.  I bet its wonderful.  These are a soy blend and come in a beautiful mercury glass jar.
photos via shops

No comments: