8/24/11

My dream library

For as long as I can remember, one of my dreams has always been to have an amazing in home library, perhaps I watched Beauty and the Beast a few too many times when I was little, but that library in the Beasts' castle, swoon!  Anyway, when I came across this pre fabricated home from Kraus-Schoenberg Architects I just fell in love. Designed to enhance both indoor and outdoor life, this prefab is made of CNC cut timber panels that provide the home with insulation, a greener thumbprint and lower costs to the consumers. A win win if you ask me. With a floor to ceiling library that expands over two floors (!), a sunken in bottom level for optimum yard enjoyment and a relatively open floor plan, I wish I could just pick this right up and place it near a beach. You can find out more about the architects here as well as the stunning photos of this modern space.
photos via architonic

No comments: