10/3/12

Growing your veggies

When I was in college I took a furniture making class and my dream project was to make a large coffee table with a center removable insert that you could plant a garden directly into along with a series of vases that you could actually see the growing process. When I came across this fun mini planter for root vegetables the ideas all came flooding back and the desire to design came back with a vengeance. This tabletop planter is perfect for little ones {and grown folks too} to see how things grow. There is just something about seeing the seeds take shape and transform into food right before your eyes. Nothing is funner then being able to pick your own food, I currently have 7 plots in a community garden just to get the fresh foods I desire...just yesterday I plucked a handful of mustard greens to saute up. Yum!
image via hearth song

No comments: