10/25/12

VeganMOFO day 11: The Red Victorian review

images by our designed life
Sometimes you need a sweet pick me up mid afternoon and finding a decent cup of coffee that provides anything other then soy milk {at an additional cost} for a mixed drink can be pretty tough. Luckily nestled in the heart of the Haight district is The Red Victorian, an adorable cafe and bed and breakfast that not only gives you a full menu of drinks with the option of soy or almond milk, they also have a variety of vegetarian and vegan eats. I have yet to try out their wraps though every time I visit I am always intrigued just never hungry enough. The husband and I have been known to walk all the way there from our place, which now with this big ol belly of mine takes a nice 40 minutes, but the treat at the end is always worth it. This last visit I snacked on an iced half decaf half regular almond milk latte with a vegan ginger cookie. So good! Not only is this a great place for people watching but the staff is super friendly and the atmosphere reminds me of our old stomping grounds in Venice Beach. If you are browsing in the area I would highly recommend stopping in for a cup of coffee, it beats out those large chain coffee shops any day.

No comments: