2/29/12

Our eats: banana meet bread

Being a vegetarian almost vegan {on occasion I have a bit of dairy but only cook vegan} I am constantly getting asked what kinds of foods I actually make and how I keep a balanced diet. After a great checkup with the doctor proving great nutritional levels, I've decided to share my growing love for food. Over the last few months I have turned a page as a foodie and have discovered how to enjoy natural flavors and have been eating more then ever while maintaining a healthy lifestyle and even losing weight. Last July I mentioned I was going to try to get healthier and I can finally say mission accomplished thanks to food.
So, I welcome you to my kitchen with meals, snacks and sweets I create with my own two hands. They may be vegan but I promise you they are packed with flavor and are sure made with love. First up is a yummy banana bread I whipped up thanks to a few left over bananas from our mini vacation. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
photo by our designed life

Banana Bread
2 Very ripe + 1 ripe banana
1/2 C. Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 Water
1 C. White flour + 1/2 C. Whole wheat flour
1 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Cinnamon
Chocolate chips {optional}

*Preheat oven to 350 degrees
*Mash bananas and combine with sugar till creamy
*Add vanilla and water to banana mixture
*In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and whisk
*Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix. Do not over mix, it will get sticky
*In a greased pan, bake at 350 for 50 minutes. 

{Note: You can either add chocolate chips into the mixture by adding to dry mix or serve on the side for that extra sweetness. I used two small bread tins, timing may vary depending on size and oven.}

No comments: